- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 1 3/4 cup flour (we used white spelt flour)
- 1 3/4 cup plant based milk of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil or vegan butter, plus one tsp extra
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- A handful of frozen cherries
- 1 tsp of arrowroot
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 100ml water
- 75g Ombar Coco Mylk or 72% Cacao, melted
- Coconut yogurt (optional)
In a blender add the flour, milk, vanilla, oil/butter and sugar. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Stop, scrape the side of the blender and blend again for 30 seconds.
Transfer the batter into a bowl. If you don't have a blender, feel free to combine all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl using a whisk to avoid lumps.
Heat a lightly oiled crepe pan over medium/high heat. Scoop the batter onto the pan, then tip and rotate the pan to spread batter as thinly as possible.
Cook until golden brown on each side, about 2 minutes.
Meanwhile, pop the cherries, maple, water and arrowroot into a saucepan on low and simmer until thickened and the cherries are soft.
Top the crepes with the warm cherry compote and lashings of melted Ombar. Add a spoonful of yoghurt if using.